Tone Down the Rhetoric!

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 18.56


Elisabeth's Voice banner 3

Tomorrow (Sunday March 6) a new organization called The United West will be launched at an event in Miami, Florida. The new umbrella organization is an outgrowth of the Florida Security Council, but will have a wider reach, both in the United States and overseas, especially in Europe.

The motto of The United West is: “Uniting Western Civilization against Shariah Islam”.

Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff was invited to speak at tomorrow’s event, and flew in to Miami airport last night from Austria. The reception that awaited her at the airport was a nasty surprise — but maybe it shouldn’t have been, given the current regime of politically correct Multiculturalism, not to mention the depth of penetration of the Department of Homeland Security by agents of the Muslim Brotherhood.

When Elisabeth told me this story earlier today, I suggested that for next time she should invest in a black wig and some Coppertone, and then arrive at Immigration wearing a chador — they’d wave her right through.

Below is Elisabeth’s story:

I have been humiliated.

Yesterday, I entered the United States in Miami and was treated like a potential terrorist. My crime? Meeting with friends in West Palm Beach, staying at a hotel, rather than with those friends, and traveling too much even though I am a housewife and mother. That according to the words of the immigration officer, who simply refused to believe me.

Tired, hungry and exhausted from a long flight, I stood in line to enter the United States. I smiled at the immigration officer, wishing him a good day, and waited for his questions. Behind me, a long line of equally tired travelers, most of them just having flown in from Honduras and Colombia. Mr. Immigration Officer proceeded to ask me the purpose of my trip. I answered truthfully that I was visiting friends in the West Palm Beach area.

“How long have you known these friends?”

Hardly in the position to explain just the way friendships are forged in the Counterjihad, I told him that I had known these friends for quite a while.

“Where did you meet them?”

Well, how does one explain? On the internet, later in person at demonstrations and Counterjihad summits? I chose to say that we met in Brussels and Paris. Mr. Immigration Officer didn’t believe me. I was a suspicious person.

“Where is your husband?”

At home, I told him, taking care of our daughter.

“Why are you traveling alone?”

Because I want to get away once in a while, meet friends and do some shopping.

“But you are a housewife, and you are doing quite a bit of traveling.”

Considering the fact that my passport has stamps from my previous two trips to the US in 2010 and one trip to Israel, I told him that I didn’t consider these trips “a lot of traveling”.

“How do you make your living?”

Well, how does a housewife make a living? By being married and receiving an allowance, and teaching some English in her spare time.

He shook his head ever so slightly, sighed a bit, stamped my passport, scribbled on my customs form and sent me on my way. Little did I know that the worst was yet to come.

I picked up my bright pink suitcase and wanted to hand over my customs declaration, but the officer sent me to Door 8. There was trouble ahead, I realized. But trouble for what? What had I done? What was I suspicious of? I had no produce or meat in my suitcase, only two bottles of Austrian red wine.

After what seemed like an eternity — remember, I hadn’t eaten or slept in nearly eighteen hours — the customs officer proceeded to ask me the same questions that immigration officer had asked. My answers were the same. Next to me another officer opened a man’s suitcase, inspecting his smelly sneakers, seemingly looking for Colombian drugs. What on earth had I done? I dared not ask. I was no longer allowed to touch my own luggage.

Mr. Customs Officer went through my hand luggage first. And he “caught” me right away. The incriminating evidence: my dark blue file sporting a sticker “Freedom YES! Shariah Islamic Law NO!”, courtesy of ACT! for America. His eyes widened and he excitedly opened the file, where he saw my prepared speeches for this weekend’s activities. The title of one of my speeches read “Shut Up, America!” Big trouble. Mr. Customs Officer called his supervisor.

Mr. Supervisor came over and asked me even more questions, more of the same. I told him that I was interested in the subject and had written some papers on the topic. I would be meeting with friends and one of the topics would be the content of the “incriminating” paper. He politely told me he would now read my speech, but before that he asked me, “Are you anti-American?”

What? No, I said, gritting me teeth, trying to smile without throwing up, no, on the very contrary, I am a big admirer of your Constitution and the First Amendment. He moved away a few feet to read my speech, while Mr. Customs Officer continued to violate my privacy by going through my purse. He found books with the suspicious titles “The Grand Jihad” by Andrew McCarthy and “Eine Moschee in Deutschland” (A Mosque in Germany). The minutes ticked on.

“Are you a practicing Christian?” Mr. Supervisor wanted to know.

My rational side asked what it was the custom’s inspector’s business, but reality told me to answer the question. I sported my small silver cross dangling on my chain. Yes, I said, I am. (Actually, I am more Christian, than practicing, but this should not matter in any case.)

“Ma’am, what is THE UNITED WEST?” I told him the truth, that it was to be launched this weekend, an organization to defend Western civilization, Western values, universal human rights, our way of life. He stared at me, told me that he would have to look into this, and left to talk to his colleagues behind a glass wall. I must say that his demeanor was never hostile. He just didn’t know how to categorize me.

After an endless five minutes Mr. Supervisor returned, more friendly than before and said that while he is absolutely on my side, there are radicals on both sides, clearly implying that I was considered a Christian radical.

This was getting really bizarre. Me, a Christian radical? He and Mr. Customs Officer hammered some information into the computer, probably making my future entries into the US almost impossible, and told me that everything would be OK.

Mr. Customs Officer wanted to proceed to the checking of my suitcase, but Mr. Supervisor denied permission. I was OK, at least for this time. “Ma’am, thank you for what you are doing, but may I politely ask you to tone down the rhetoric and not cause any trouble while you are here in the US. Like I said before, there are radicals on both sides.”

Again, I nearly fainted at the bizarreness of this situation. “Yes, sir, of course,” I managed to say. “May I also suggest that if you are convicted after your appeal that you get a visa from your nearest consulate,” he added. We had discussed my trial briefly before he went to consult with his supervisors. I said I would, and was sent on my way.

This episode warrants some hard questions:

  • What had prompted the authorities to look into me, when they could and should have used the manpower to try and catch travelers with a high Mohammed Coefficient?
  • How many did the authorities not catch why wasting their time on a free speech advocate?
  • Why does DHS consider a traveling housewife suspicious?
  • Are other housewives treated the same way?
  • Was Mr. Supervisor even allowed by law to ask my religion?
  • Would he have done the same thing with a hijabbed housewife?
  • Was he allowed to intimidate me by telling me “to tone down the rhetoric and not cause any problems?”
  • And, most importantly, where has the First Amendment gone, whose principles were definitely violated by telling me to tone down the rhetoric?
  • What rhetoric? Didn’t he read the speech closely?

I suppose we now have to realize that standing for freedom means having to tone down the rhetoric.

My God, what has the “free world” turned into?


For previous posts on the “hate speech” prosecution of Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff, see Elisabeth’s Voice: The Archives.






0 komentar
Photobucket