Vintage Lady - Version Two

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 03.02



Yesterday's vintage lady card turned out so nice that I decided to make a second version.  This version is, of course, softer and even more vintage.  I stamped the image on textured cardstock for a completely different result - less smooth, more of a vintage feel.


As with the previous card, I used Copic markers to enhance the facial features.  I used a light, light pink as a skin tone, red lips, pink blush, lavender-blue eyes with lighter blue shadow.  I think there is something almost ghost-like about the image. 

Once again I used Spellbinder's label 16 cut both the stamped image and the matting.  I decided to pick up the pinks in her skin tone instead of the red lips.


 I wanted something different as a background for the matted image.  I did not want to use a black base card, as I did for the first version, nor could I find the perfect paper.  Then I remembered the special stash of French lace I purchased at last year's stamp show.  I had just enough of this fabulous black French lace to create a background panel.   I applied liquid glue to the base card in the area that the lace would cover.  I applied the lace, then carefully added glue under the scalloped edges.


Just like yesterday I used three different elements to embellish the card, a rose, a tag and a bow.  Today's bow was created using 2 inch wide Stampin' Up ribbon wrapped around the card and tied in a large, pretty bow.  The rose is a crystal enhanced paper rose.  And the tag was created using a Stampin' Up stamp and oval paper punch.

And finally, one last look at the completed card.  So which was your favorite, the vivid red and black version or the softer pink, white and black version?


Labels: ,




0 komentar
Photobucket