Aloha Monday with BBTB2

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 06.00



It's an Aloha Monday with BBTB2!  My very talented design team sister, Karen, selected this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 cut - the pineapple on Wall Decor.  Since I do not own Wall Decor I had to select another pineapple from a different cartridge.  You would be surprised how many pineapples there are on various Cricut cartridges!  I selected this fun pineapple from Serenade!


Because I associate pineapples with "welcome" I decided to make a "Welcome to the neighborhood" card (hoping the house two doors down may sell soon).  I designed the card in Cricut Design Studio utilizing all three layers of the pineapple cut.  The bottom layer is a bright, fun yellow, the middle layer is a medium green, and the top layers are orange and lime green.  

I used the diamond embossing folder on the orange layer (top layer) of the pineapple.  I also used a rust colored Copic marker and did a bit of random coloring on the pineapple.  I added thin lines and amber colored gemstones.  I finished the card with the word "welcome" as well as icicle Stickles accents on the medium green areas.


The embellishment cuts are from Life's a Beach.  I thought my pineapple needed a bit of dressing up.  I layered two paper flowers together and added the lemon cut atop the flowers.  I added a fun circle sticker, mini flowers, and gems to dress up the lemon slice.


The base card was created by welding two mirror images of the base pineapples together at their tops.  I used scissors to snip away a couple of over hanging leaf tips.  Once the card was attached to the back of the pineapple, the card opens at the midpoint.


Today is your last chance to enter the awesome giveaway by The Original Scrapbox.  Go back to last Wednesday's post and read the instructions on entering.  I will be drawing a winner of this fabulous Giant Cutting Mat at midnight tonight.  And that's not all...... 

The winner from my blog will join nine other winners in a final drawing for this FABULOUS SEWING BOX!!!  Rachelle will be announcing the final winner on her blog on Friday!  Go back to THIS POST and enter.  The winner could be YOU!



Labels: , , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket