Packing

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 17.31


Amazingly, packing all the food into Ella's Pink Lady has been going well, after all that initial panicking, everything's actually fitting in so well. The mounds of food piled up in the spare room have somehow fitted neatly into the bow. With Mum putting the hard work in to ensure that everything's packed in the right order hopefully there aren't too many phone calls starting along the lines of 'Mum where's the...?'

So far its looks like there'll still be room for me on board too! but there is still a lot more gear to be stowed. Everything has to be carefully tied in place and anything that might get damaged has to be wrapped up and stored in a dry bag. Luckily packing my personal things has been really simple, there's not room for much! But thanks to everyone who has given me small good luck charms and cards to take along.

When I do finally set sail, I plan on taking around 10 days to sail down to Sydney so that I get plenty of time on the water the test all the systems and give Ella's Pink Lady a good run in. Then there'll be time in Sydney to make any last minute changes before departing and heading out into the Tasman Sea.

I still can't say exactly when I'll be sailing out of Mooloolaba and saying goodbye to the Sunshine Coast but I can say how much I'm looking forward to it! Everyone's been asking whether I'm feeling nervous but to be honest, I just cant wait to leave.

Make sure you keep an eye out in the Sunshine Coast Daily who have been running regular articles lately, some of them are below.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2009/sep/05/weather-keeps-jess-waiting/



http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2009/sep/04/yacht-blessed-solo-voyage-looms/












0 komentar
Photobucket