Spooky Halloween Layout with Happy Hauntings

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 23.09



Today's spooky Halloween offering isn't really spooky at all!  This is one of four Halloween layouts I will have to make this year.  Normally I complete a two page layout for each of my children, but this year there will be one more.  It seems that no matter how old we get our family still loves Halloween (what was it I said yesterday about fun for kids of all ages - yes, I meant all of us).


This two page layout was creating using layers of Halloween themed paper.  The two base papers are Halloween pinstripes of oranges and greens with two three inch strips added to the bottom half of each page - a pretty orange floral print and a bolder stripe.  My favorite paper in this layout is the rectangle added to upper half of each page, a green cardstock with pumpkins and leaves.  Love this paper...!  I added a strip of ribbon to each page - fun witches feet going across the seams.

The main focal point (do I even need to say?) on this layout is the fun over-sized Trick or Treat bag.   I would love to tell you that I cut this bag with the cricut but that would be a big fat lie!  This great embellishment was a $1.00 coupon purchase at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Charlotte - in 2008.  Yes, I have had this embellishment stored for two years and had not used it.  Embarrassing but true.  The good news is, I am FINALLY using it.


Normally I use solid cardstock for my photo mats.  But this simple black and light, light gray Halloween paper is perfect for photo mats.  I tried to cut the paper so that some of the fun phrases will show at the edges of the photographs.  After adding the matting to the pages, I felt like more definition was needed.  I used my two layer Stampin' Up corner punch to create corners for the photo mats and random page corners.  This punch is one of my favorite Stampin' Up products!


I used Happy Hauntings to cut the double layer title, Spooky 2010. I used a black cardstock base layer and a scrap of paper printed onto archival paper using the Cricut Imagine (leftovers from a previous project).  The Imagine is going to be a treasure trove of great paper!!!


Finally, I added leftover (from a previous year) Halloween journal squares.  I used another Stampin' Up punch, the label punch, to shape the label in lower left corner of the layout.


With two Halloween layouts done I would normally only have one more to go.  But this year I too will need a Halloween layout - I dressed up for the Halloween Chili Cook Off at work.  This was my Charlie Chaplin get up!  I liked how the costume came out and I love that other than the hat and moustache the costume was put together with things we mostly had at home!


Do I even need to tell you that I will have another Halloween project again tomorrow???  :-)


Labels: , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket