Celebs Pay Tribute To MJ

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 12.51


His celebrity peers speak of their utter devastation at his death

MADONNA, SINGER


"I can't stop crying over the sad news. I've always admired Michael Jackson - the world has lost one of its greats, but his music will live on forever.

"My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless."

CELINE DION, SINGER


"I am shocked. I am overwhelmed by this tragedy. Michael Jackson has been an idol for me all my life.

"He was not only a talented person, but he was unique - a genius. It's such a loss. It feels like when Kennedy died, when Elvis died. My sympathy goes to the family. It's a big loss and it's not even sinking in right now."

URI GELLER, FRIEND

Uri Geller says his friend Michael Jackson 'went through hell'

"I'm just devastated, very, very sad. I pray that his soul is up there now. I'm still trying to hold on to the glimmer that it is not true. It is too surreal for me to absorb that Michael is no longer with us.

"Michael was in good shape because he was practising, he was training, he was rehearsing for the shows. Michael was careful with what he ate, he was just fine. Last time I heard of what he was doing, he was in great shape. And this is why I'm so absolutely shocked by this news."

CHER, SINGER


"I'm having a million different reactions I didn't expect I would feel.

"He was a great singer - God gives you certain gifts, and this child was just an extraordinary child touched by this ability. He could sing like nobody else and he was able to connect with people."

QUINCY JONES, MUSIC PRODUCER

"I'm absolutely devastated at this news. I just don't have the words. Divinity brought our souls together and allowed us to do what we could do through the 80s.

"To this day that music is played in every corner of the world, and the reason is because he had it all - talent, grace and professionalism. I've lost my little brother today and part of my soul has gone with him."

LISA MARIE PRESLEY, JACKSON'S EX-WIFE

"I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible.

I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him, and for his family.

This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."

JOHN LANDIS, THRILLER VIDEO DIRECTOR

I was lucky enough to know and work with Michael Jackson in his prime. Michael was an extraordinary talent and a truly great international star. He had a troubled and complicated life and despite his gifts, remains a tragic figure."

REV AL SHARPTON, CIVIL RIGHTS CAMPAIGNER

"As a friend of Michael's for the past 35 years, I call on people from around the world to pray for him and his family."

P DIDDY, SINGER

"Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life. He made me believe in magic. I will miss him."

JANE FONDA, ACTRESS

"I am stunned. My friend, Michael Jackson, is dead. He lived with me for a week on the 'Golden Pond' set after Thriller.

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR

"He was one of the most influential and iconic figures in the music industry.

"Our hearts go out to the Jackson family, Michael's children and to his fans worldwide."

USHER, SINGER

"My heart goes out to the King of Pop and his family."

PAUL GAMBACCINI, MUSIC JOURNALIST

Paul Gambaccini: "Michael Jackson was the greatest showman we had ever seen"

"Definitely one of the greatest stars of recorded music. There is no doubt of that. He would be in the top 10 of all time, regardless of who the other nine people were.

"But you also have to remember that he went through different stages and owed some of his popularity to collaborators - Quincy Jones, with whom he did the great trilogy of albums: Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad."

BRITNEY SPEARS, SINGER

"I was so excited to see his tour in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly into see him.

"He's been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated that he's gone."

DIONNE WARWICK, SINGER

"We have lost an icon in our industry and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and children in this hour of sorrow.

"He will live on in my memory, and most definitely through the music he shared with so many."

WYCLEF JEAN, SINGER

"Michael Jackson was my musical god. He made me believe that all things are possible, through real and positive music.

"He can live forever. I love Michael Jackson. God bless him."

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, SINGER

"We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of, not only pop music, but of all music. I can't find the words right now to express how deeply saddened I am by Michael's passing.

"He has been an inspiration to multiple generations, and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him onstage and all of the things I learned about music from him, and the time we spent together.

"My heart goes out to his family and loved ones."

DONNA SUMMER, SINGER

"I've known Michael for many years and we've done many different things together over the years.

"I know his family and it's just a total shock. I don't even have words to say. I mean I'll miss Michael, the world will miss Michael and I'm sure the world is in a state of grief right now.

"I will personally miss him, I will miss his light, I will miss his star, I will miss who he has caused other people to become because of his greatness. He upped the standard."

NE-YO, SINGER

"Michael Jackson will live forever through the thing that he put all of his life energy into: his music.

"Long live Michael Jackson."

MC HAMMER, RAPPER

"I will be mourning my friend, brother, mentor and inspiration. He gave me and my family hope. I would never have been me without him."

LL COOL J, RAPPER

"He was one of my childhood idols. I salute you King of Pop. You made the whole world moonwalk together."

RUSSELL SIMMONS, FOUNDER OF DEF-JAM RECORDS

"Michael Jackson was my generation's most iconic cultural hero. Courageous, unique and incredibly talented. He'll be missed greatly."

MATT FIDDES, FORMER BODYGUARD

"He's the most misunderstood man in world. Everyone thought he was this weird freak but when you're with him he's as normal as everyone else. I don't think he felt he was as famous as everyone else thought, he didn't know any different.

"He was a very caring guy who would go out of his way to help the sick. One night in London he wanted to see some homeless people. He sent them loads of pizzas in secret. The guy had a good heart.

"We used to dress him up and sneak out of hotel room and do normal things in shops. People wouldn't know who he was but we wanted to give him a taste of the real life."


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket