Love on a half shell?

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 06.00



Happy Monday.  I have a new card, a Valentine, to share with you today.  The challenge cut for the week at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog was selected by my sweet, sweet design team sister, Krista.  Krista selected the Armadillo from the Birthday Bash cartridge, but then decided to also include a bird option.  I did not have the chosen cartridge so I used George and Basic Shapes and built my Armadillo the old school way - using geometric shapes welded together in George.


I am going to confess that I had no idea what to do with the Armadillo cut - but the idea of the Armadillo was so cute that I had to go with it.  In the end I decided to create a pink Armadillo and put her on a Valentine card.  

I was away for the weekend, on one of our scrappy girl lake adventures.  My friends tried to come up with Valentine puns for my card, but they were mostly lacking..... "I shell always love you", You're a shell of a Valentine", etc.  I think we should all keep our day jobs and NOT go into comedy or pun writing.


So instead of a "punny" tag, I decided to use part of the valentine circle set from the Cutting Cafe.  I layered a 1 inch circle over a 2 inch circle, creating a new center, but using the REMEMBER circle.  I inked the circle edges and matted them on two layers of Spellbinder Nestabilities, a Lacey Circle and a Scalloped Circle.


I did manage to complete quite a few projects last weekend.  I have several cards and layouts to share in the coming days.  In the meantime do go by BBTB2 and check out all of the armadillo and bird projects.  Also, be sure to hope over to the Cutting Cafe and shop the extensive line of printable stamps.


Labels: , , , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket