Jacaranda Sap

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 05.33



It's not secret that things took a turn for worst last week.  My world came to a halt today as I walked outside and noticed sap on my Jacaranda tree.  I don't know what this is and I am calling on you Jacaranda fans to help me out with this tree.  My heart is broken.  While the leaves are fried and have fallen off, the tree appears fine.  There is still green bendy stuff under the bark, but I noticed these sap bubbles on the bark. Can't see them?  Let's take a closer look.
Jacarandas are one of my focal plants in the garden and it is a plant that carries you away to another place.  It's hard to look at because I've never seen the plant do this in its' 3 year life span. It has grown large and last year produced beautiful lavender flowers.  Does anyone know what this may be? Have you had this happen? What happened in Spring? It was definitely caused by the severe freeze at 17-18 degrees for more than 3 hours.

I hope it's nothing serious.  In most cases, the Jacaranda may die back and it will send up new shoots in the Spring.  I'm hoping we can skip that phase and just have it continue to grow from where it's at. Ideas? Suggestions? Opinions?  Gracias:)
I found more information about diseases etc. from this link...
ftp://cals.arizona.edu/dept/yuma/HandoutsUAYuma/LANDSCAPE%20PLANTS/(7)%20DISEASES/Diseases%20of%20Landscape%20Trees.pdf
It's my belief that the hard freeze created ice crystals in the trunk and exploded creating these sap bubbles.  The interesting part will be to see if this tree will start from the roots or if the main trunk will still leaf out.  Stay tuned as I'll keep everyone uptodate.


Labels: , , , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket