Thank Goodness for Ice Cream Cones

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 00.00



** Cute file has been added to the downloadable list in the left hand column.**

The designers' challenge this week over at Bitten by the Bug was to use the Doodlecharms cartridge, any cut we wanted, as long as we used the border feature. You know the border feature - three of any item on a single key stroke. I actually planned a cute lady bug card, titled Always a Lady (ha, ha, ha), but then I just could not resist the ice cream cones. And the ice cream flavors!!!! And the chocolate cones!!! Okay, you get the idea. I don't just love my family, the cricut, scrapping, my pj's, and Hello Kitty... I love ice cream cones! Ice cream cones are OH SO MUCH better than ice cream in a dish!

As luck would have it, I also needed to make a thank you card. And guess what 6 ice cream cones gives you? Enough cones to spell THANKS!!! I used BasicGrey red paper to cut the letters with George. I wanted them to pop, but not to take over the card.


The card itself is cut in bright pink bazzil card stock. I used the border punch along the edge of the card, as well as the edge of an "under skirt" piece. I used two different ribbons, running vertically, across the background of the card. I also used the same two ribbons (and a flower) in the bow.


The ice cream cones were cut in two layers. The base cut was in bazzil brown, and the top cut was the ice cream only (mint chocolate chip, cherry chip, strawberry, vanilla, and strawberry with strawberries!). And of course a sparkling cherry on top of each cone.


I used stickles not only on the cherries and berry chips, but also on the diagonals on the cones. I think I should go right now and make a cone like the "A" cone, and then perhaps move on to the "K" cone!!!! Mmmmmmm.


Labels: , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket