Show Time . . . And a Much Anticipated Picture

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 20.41



Day one of the Sydney International Boat Show, and Pink Lady has been revealed! Everyone’s been so complimentary to Pink Lady and the number of ‘good luck’ and ‘best wishes’ we’ve received could just about bridge my way around the world!

I’ve been having lots of fun hearing people’s opinions of the lovely pink paint. It seems to be a love it or hate it thing, with most people completely loving it.

I’ve also been lucky enough to get to spend some time with James and Justin, the guys who kayaked across the Tasman, and also with Pete Goss and his team, who’s latest boat Spirit of Mystery is moored right next to us. Pete has been involved with endless adventures and is an amazing sailor. They all have a lot of great advice but are consistently reminding me to have fun and take a moment to enjoy it all as I’ll only be doing this once.

Another thing that comes up over and over again is the importance of preparation. James and Justin describe over ¾ of the achievement taking place before setting off, and Pete likes to say that 80% of the race is won before the start. It makes me think again about what a great team I have and how much anything I achieve is thanks to all of their efforts.

Listening to the guys speak and seeing pictures and video from all those adventures is so inspiring. I’m itching to get going even more so!

If you get the chance, definitely pop down to the show. I’m speaking at the Better Boating Lounge at 2pm every day, and at 4pm James, Justin, Pete, Don McIntyre and I all stand up to have a chat.

After my first day at SIBS, Thursday night was good fun. I did a live weather cross with Tim Bailey then headed to Network Ten for ‘Thursday Night Live’ on One HD. Having my hair and makeup all done up was quite an experience. When I was all ready, I made the mistake of standing up and, without thinking, declaring that that I looked totally ridiculous. I regretted my comment immediately after seeing the makeup ladies’ horrified expressions. Oops! Curly hair and makeup just isn't my usual thing.

Better be off for now,
Jessica

P.S. Lots of people have been asking when I’m leaving. It will be sometime in September!






0 komentar
Photobucket