Very unexpected romance for Deepika!

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 12.09


Filmicafe had a candid conversation with beautiful Bollywood starlet Deepika Padukone. Read on...

Deepika PadukoneQ: You’ve only got three Bollywood films under your belt at this moment, but already you’ve been called a star. What do you think of the status you’ve achieved?
Well I definitely think I have a long way to go, but the one year that I’ve been in this industry has been extremely memorable. And I’m completely enjoying myself. It’s not something that I thought would happen.

Q: Your father was a professional badminton player and you yourself played on a national level. How do you look back at those times?
I think badminton taught me a lot. When I was 12 and 13, I started travelling to play professionally. I’ve lived in the worst of conditions. Sadly, in India, sports are not invested in. So I’ve lived in dormitories, travelled by second class trains and shared bathrooms. I’ve learned to become responsible and independent because of all that I went through.

Q: How do you go from that… to modeling?
When I was in tenth standard, that’s when I decided. I said listen, badminton is not what I want to do and I want to take up modeling professionally. And my parents said okay. I then got a portfolio done. I sent it to Bombay to a couple of agencies. Then, I did a commercial for a brand called Liril and that got me instant recognition. And that led to the music video and the music video led to the film.

Q: You met your current boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor because you were working together on a movie. Tell us how romance blossomed.
Very unexpected and very unplanned. We were friends earlier. And we were two different people. And we never thought that we’d end up being together. It’s only last year when we were shooting for a film together that we really got to know each other and managed to spend some time together.

Q: How did you keep it a secret?
We were like how two co-stars would normally meet or bond. I remember we’d only meet on the sets. And beyond that, everyone as a group would go out with the director, with our choreographer, with the cinematographer. It’s like a family. So everyone went out together. And I think it’s only later, towards the end of the schedule, he realised he was in love with me.

Q: He did say that he’d take a good film role over a relationship.
Yeah.

Q: Isn’t that a little bit offensive?
Not at all! Because I think we’re both at that age now where work and our lives are really beginning for us. It’s great that this relationship happened so early in our lives. And that everything’s fallen into place. But I think beyond that, this is really the time to focus on our careers, there’s time for everything else later.

Q: For all the good things though you do have your critics and there are those who say that you’ve been over hyped and you don’t deserve the status. Do you care?
Someone’s given me that status, I haven’t. I always say I think I have a long way to go.

Q: Most actors and actresses do have a relatively limited shelf-life. Do you worry that for you one day that the party might be over?
Not at all, like I said, I didn’t plan to be a part of this industry. It is something that I wanted to do in a way, but it’s not like that my life would end if I didn’t become a part of the film industry. I’m a family person. So when I think it’s the right time for me to leave and to get married, I’ll do that. And I know that today there’s me, tomorrow there will be someone else. I’m going to work hard and make sure I can be here for as long as I can and that people don’t get bored of me.


Labels: , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket