Imagine Card with Easter 2010 and Audrey

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 03.00



I am so happy it is the weekend!  We had a dreary week with lots of rain and thunderstorms and cool weather.  It went from the mid 70s to the mid 40s and made me wonder WHERE spring was hiding.  But as of Friday, spring  (with sunshine and warmer weather) made a return to SC.  And today is even warmer!  So to get past the dreary rain and to reclaim spring, I decided to make a simple Easter card.


I had not used my Cricut Imagine for literally several months!  I have dusted it and stacked items on top of it, but I had not cut with it.  So last night I changed that!  First I tried to use the Cricut Craft Room to create my design and then cut... But alas I could not get it to cut for me.  I will have to call Joy, Melanie or Diane for a tutorial.  In the meantime, I made the elements for this card with the Imagine old school! 

I inserted Audrey into my Imagine and also Easter 2010.  I placed the scallop edged circle on the mat and colored it pink.  I then printed and cut the circle.  Next I placed the four cuts for the hatching chickie on Celebrate with Flourish onto the mat.  I colored each element with colors/patterns from Audrey and then cut and printed those.


Using mono adhesive and pop dots, I assembled the chick and placed it on the pink circle.  I placed the circle onto a white circle shaped welded card I cut with the cricut expression and design studio.    Next I outlined the chickie elements with a brown micro-tipped pen, as well as added dots to the edge of the card.

I ran a ribbon through two the holes in the card, circled around the top of the card, and tied a bow on the front.  I topped the bow with a clear pink button.  I took crochet flowers and using floss, I sewed pink buttons on the flowers.  The flowers were attached to  the card with glue dots. 

I finished the card with a Happy Easter arched stamp, in brown. 



I have decided that I must use my Imagine regularly AND learn to use the Cricut Craft Room.  The craft room works like Design Studio plus Gypsy - combining the best elements of each.  I thought it was VERY easy to use, except for that whole cutting thing!!  I recently purchased three new Imagine cartridges so hopefully I will be Imagining more in the near future!


Labels: , , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket