The Other Side of the World

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 19.34


Not that there hasn’t been enough to keep me busy right here at home, but over the last few days I’ve been thinking a lot about Mike Perham who crossed his finish line in the UK yesterday to become the youngest person to sail solo around the world. There isn’t much I can say, but congratulations! and how excited for you, Mike!

In my books, Mike's achievement is totally amazing. His trip wasn’t all exactly smooth sailing, and handling his yacht Totallymoney.com, an open 50, isn’t something I can imagine. I’ll stick with my little S&S 34, even if we cant quite match that kind of speed!

Ever since getting the chance to meet Mike when he made a brief stop in Australia I’ve been grateful to have had the chance to talk to him about all the different aspects of sailing around the world. To hear about his experiences and swap notes has been really cool.

Actually, I’ll admit it. I’m a little glad that Mikes home, what with Mike's boat being about as different as you get to Pink Lady, it's only natural that there’s been a lot of jokes back and forth. I’ve spent the last few months constantly hearing about the amazing speeds he’s been achieving which mostly has the effect of turning me green with envy!

Hats off to Mike from me, and congratulations again!






0 komentar
Photobucket