Yes, I'm hot & sexy: Bipasha

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 12.50


Hot and sexy — that’s the stereotypical image the junta has of Bipasha Basu.

And, well, she isn’t apologetic about it because at the end of the day, every woman aspires to be just that. But what the actress fails to understand is why people can’t see beyond the obvious.

Bipasha, who has done some remarkable work in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Corporate and Prakash Jha’s Apaharan and shown her own histrionics in Rituparno Ghosh’s Shob Choritro Kalponik besides proving she’s no bimbette in Vishal Bhardwaj’s Omkara, said indignantly:

“Despite this, if I have to fight the stereotypical image that filmmakers have of me being just hot and sexy, then it is rather sad. There are a set of people out there who are myopic.”
Perhaps the Bengali beauty has a point. In all fairness one must say she has juggled the sexy parts with the meaningful ones. In the year of Corporate where she displayed acting prowess she also did Dhoom-2 where she romped around in a bikini.

“To remember one and overlook the other is unfair,’’ argued the actress. Her current lot of films though are a happy mix. There is Sanjay Gupta’s Pankh, where she is an actress on screen, Ajay Devgan’s All The Best — a madcap comedy that is a big ticket bet this Diwali, and Priyadarshan’s untitled venture where she has “a thinking role’’.

“Good work is happening,’’ admitted Bipasha. “Priyadarshan is someone I also wanted to work with. He is a filmmaker with foresight and I know I’m in a pair of very capable hands.’’ She is also happy with the way Ajay Devgan’s release has shaped up. “All The Best is one laugh-a-riot,’’ revealed the actress. “Believe me, we not only had a blast shooting it, we had a blast even while dubbing for the film because it’s a situational comedy that is so funny.’’

However, what comes as a shock is the news that Bipasha who has always had cordial relations with her female co-stars, is now having a cold war with Mugdha Godse, the other girl in All The Best. “Are you buying this story,’’ she asked incredulously.

“I read somewhere that I had stopped Ajay Devgan and Fardeen Khan from going to Mugdha’s party. Am I some mastermind who can actually stop my co-stars from doing what they must?’’ She herself was at an official event that day with her co-star Neil Nitin Mukesh because boyfriend John Abraham was not in town. She remembers wishing Mugdha and sending her flowers, a card and chocolates. “Over the years, I have rarely had a problem with my co-stars,’’ said Bipasha. “With some girls I’m friendly, with others I’m cordial. But to suggest that I have a cold war going with Mugdha is ridiculous.’’


Labels: ,




0 komentar
Photobucket