Competition, Latest and Time line

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 20.11


After receiving hundreds of emails about fellow sailors Zac Sunderland and Mike Perham. I thought I’d take the time to explain where I stand and of course how I feel about all this competition! Firstly Zac’s record is different to mine, as he’s been making stops and I plan to complete my voyage non-stop. Mike Perham, sailing an Open 50, departed on his voyage only a few weeks ago and doesn’t plan to stop, if all goes to plan we’ll both finish our voyages at something close to the same age. It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one with such a big and possibly crazy ambition. Both Mike and Zac are great inspiration and it will be great to add a female name to the never-ending list of young male solo sailors.
Well this is it, with school finished for the year, its time to throw my energy into pulling together sponsorship for the voyage, Although I’ve only had turn downs at this point some of my responses have been very positive. The last week has been distracting as I have been away in Brisbane sailing as crew on a 23ft SB3 in the Sail Brisbane Regatta, as always it wasn’t till the last day of racing we finally managed to pull it together and start doing ok.



Caught on camera without the kite in the water!

As for an update on the time line, everything is going to plan and departure is still set for late next year in-between now and then there is sponsorship, a boat and setting the record as youngest to cross the Tasman solo to work on.

Lastly I’d like to say a big thanks to everyone who has been offering support and encouragement.

Jessica






0 komentar
Photobucket