Day 11 - Gorgeous landscape, Hervey Bay, Skydive

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 23.00


Extending my stay

According to my return flight ticket, I was scheduled to return to Canada in 2 days. But I still haven't seen Fraser Island or the Sunshine Coast. I have flown halfway across the globe (from Toronto to Queensland) and I'm not going to miss seeing these wonderous places. So I called AirCanada and postponed my return flight by 2 days.

Gorgeous Landscape

I then took a Greyhound bus to Hervey Bay, the town from which tours to Fraser Island depart. Midway, we stopped for lunch at a cafeteria. I bought my meal and stepped outside of the cafeteria to sit at some tables in a balcony, and suddenly in front of me was the most amazing landscape! It looked like a documentary on wild animals in Africa, like a scene from Lion King. At first I thought it was Australia Zoo, but it wasn't man-made at all. It was all-natural Australian countryside.



Hervey Bay

When I arrived, I booked a one-day tour of Fraser Island for tomorrow, leaving the rest of today to spend in Hervey Bay. Hervey Bay was a beauty in itself. Here's what the beach looked like today.


Because Fraser Island is directly between Hervey Bay and the Pacific Ocean, Hervey Bay is protected from waves, so the water is very calm.

I laid on the beach for an hour or so. Then I rented a kayak and paddled along the beach, often laying back and taking in the tranquility of it all.

When my time was up, I got myself a delicious banana smoothie and sat on the beach to watch the sunset.


SkyDive

There I found this group of people standing on the beach next to a flagged pole in the sand looking up at the sky. I approached them and found out that they're waiting for a skydive from a plane! This flag was to show the divers where they were supposed to land. Sweet! I was going to watch two people jump from a plane at sunset, free fall at speeds up to 200 km/h and land in front of me, and film it!


Here's the instructor after landing. He said he does this 5-6 times a day, 7 days a week! A skydive costs about $270, which is way out of my budget range at the moment. But maybe someday!






0 komentar
Photobucket