Day 8 - Arrival in Brisbane, Sickness

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 23.00


I hadn't gotten much sleep last last night because my German roommates were up talking. So I was sleepy when I got up to catch my flight to Brisbane.

Flying to Brisbane

The views from the sky were spectacular! Kilometres of endless coastline. The third photo shows the straight sandy beach of Surfer's Paradise.



I arrived at Palace (Base) Backpackers Brisbane at noon. Luckily, the receptionist put me in a single room for the price of a shared room. I'll get a good night's sleep tonight! The elevator in this hostel was ancient! It was one of those old elevators from black and white movies where you have to open two doors by hand to get in.

Sickness

At night I felt the onset of an illness. My throat was sore, and I had a headache. Cold Sydney weather at nights, the stress of deciding whether to extend my trip, and not sleeping last night had finally taken its toll on my health. I couldn't afford to lose much precious holiday time in bed, so I fought it: lots of fruit, liquids and rest. I bought fruit and milk from Woolworths and went to bed at 8. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and be ready to see Brisbane.






0 komentar
Photobucket