Day 7 - Bondi beach, Clifftop trail, Aussie drama

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 23.00


I had breakfast at an Irish pub where even the staff were Irish. The guy who served us was very friendly but a little rough. When I asked him for more toast, he said with a strong Irish accent, "You're a miserable soul, aren't ya?! Right, I'll get you some more." That was funny.

Then I asked a female bus driver for directions and when I thanked her she said, "Cool bananas", which I thought was hilarious!

Bondi Beach

It was a beautiful sunny day with a clear blue sky, and lucky for me, because I was going to Bondi Beach! The sand was a clean yellowy white; surfers were surfing in their black wetsuits in the clear blue water. First I did some push-ups and sit-ups and ran along the beach 'cause I hadn't exercised at all since I got here. Then I was a bum for a few hours and fell asleep on my towel under the sun. It was windy though and the water was very cold (the season being winter), so I didn't dare swim. I had a late lunch (fish and chips) with a nice view of the beach.



Clifftop Trail

From Bondi Beach I did the Bondi to Coogee clifftop trail. It was a walking trail along the water on top of a rocky cliff. The scenery was spectacular! There were lots of people there. Some were walking along the path, some running (Aussies run all the time, young and old, even mothers pushing their baby-strollers), and some others were gazing into the endless distance, daydreaming and contemplating life.


Australian Drama

I got back in town just in time to buy a ticket to a play at Opera House's Drama Theatre. I was disappointed to find out the tickets were sold out. Even if vacancies were to open up, tickets were out of my budget range. I said fuck it and started walking back. Just then a man in his 40s/50s who had seen me enquiring about tickets called out to me and offered me a spare ticket that he had. Excellent! I got to see the play for free! I had a chat with him before the show and during intermission. He was a down-to-earth Aussie with a lot of wisdom and pragmatic views on things. I thanked him after.

The play was an Australian comedy called "The Narcissist". It made fun of the labour party politics and "new age" christianity and reflected on various social issues including homosexuality. But it was made mostly to entertain and the audience did love it.

Goodbye, Sydney!

This was my last day in Sydney and New South Wales. I'm going to Queensland tomorrow. On my way back from the Theatre, I said goodbye to Harbour Bridge. It was as beautiful as ever, glowing with lights against the backdrop of the dark night sky.






0 komentar
Photobucket