Big B's first time with Katrina

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 12.21


Amitabh Bachchan was recently honoured with a Lifetime of Achievement award by GQ magazine. On his blog, the superstar writes about all the people he met.

Katrina Kaif made her debut with him in Boom. About her, he wrote, ‘Katrina stabs a ‘Hey, it’s me!’ finger punch on my shoulder and we recollect old times, the time of her very first film, Boom and how, as a shy, reticent girl, she had been bullied by the director not to ever look into the monitor. She was new and uncertain like most of us, but was keen to see what she looked like on screen. I thought it was a most natural and common desire and one that should have been allowed by the director, but when he did not express its possibility to the rest of the cast, I had dragged her to the monitor and given her the first look of what she looked like, to her. To her credit she still remembers that moment. Later as the film shoot in Dubai came to an end, I had invited all cast and crew to tour the city at night and to perhaps have a bite somewhere. I recollect the embarrassment she and all of us faced when she was stopped from going inside a club, because the man in charge of the door thought her to be underage. And now from a small insignificant part in Sarkar to the most googled and popular star in the firmament, Ms Kaif has come such a long way in such a short time.’

Vishal Bhardwaj was also a recipient at the GQ Awards. Mr. Bachchan wrote, ‘Vishal Bharadwaj is generous in his speech about success being a branch that breaks easily, but exempts me from his example, and I wonder why.’

Amitabh Bachchan was feeling slightly awkward wearing glares, but Saif gave him company. ‘Saif, Kareena and I met back stage as we were either coming up to receive or coming down after. That Saif wore glasses gave me sufficient reason to be comfortable with my own,’ wrote the regular blogger.

The superstar-actor was all praise for Irrfan Khan. ‘Irrfan Khan, that understated yet most effective actor, and I spent time together. I love the way he performs, not just in films but in commercials too and told him so. That phone call from the phone booth before he gets the heart attack in The Namesake is a masterpiece. His cool and casual appearances in the brand advertisements have been emulated on many an occasion. He talks of Muqqadar ka Sikander I talk of his acts and we separate,’ concluded Mr. Bachchan.


Labels: , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket