Do Not Disturb Lara

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 11.45


Lara Dutta was last seen as a village belle in Billu. She plays a mini-skirt clad voluptuous hottie and ‘other woman’ in David Dhawan’s Do Knot Disturb. The beauty with brains talks about her role in the masala film, among other things

“I play Dolly who is in love with a married man. To hide this extra-marital affair, the characters do certain things that culminate in drama and comedy. Dolly has become famous because of the way Chi-Chi calls her in the promo,” says Lara.

There were rumours about her not getting along with Sushmita Sen. “Working with her was a dream come true because for the first time, two Miss Universe title holders are part of one film. I have only a few scenes with her but we both didn’t have any catfights. It was fun shooting with her,” Lara clarifies.

This is her third film with Govinda after Bhagam Bhag and Partner. Lara says excitedly, “It has been a fantastic experience working with him again after doing movies like Bhagam Bhag and Partner. I have more scenes with Govinda in this movie than the previous ones. We have also been paired in Ravi Chopra’s Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai, which is also a comedy. Govinda and David Dhawan comedy to a different level altogether and I had to make sure I matched up to their standards.”

Comedy seems to be her forte as she was particularly good in Jhoom Barabar Jhoom. About doing comedy, she says, “Comedy is very serious business and I didn’t choose my comic roles intentionally. They just happened and I think they are more difficult than serious or dramatic roles. I am having a great time working with directors like David Dhawan, Priyadarshan and Saijd Khan, who are good at making comedy films.”


Labels: , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket