Eastward

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 05.07


The temperature is hardly cold anymore and Ella's Pink Lady and I am now far enough north to avoid the worst of the nasty weather systems to the south (not that we couldn't still cop a storm anywhere). So it's time to start making some serious ground to the east. Go too much further north and we would risk losing the prevailing westerly winds that mean easy sailing and good progress.

With only 2300nm till we pass under The Cape of Good Hope and Africa we're getting pretty close to being half way across the Atlantic already. Time flies when you're having fun!

There's really not too much new and exciting to report from out here, just that all's well. I'm still loving every moment, enjoying all the little things. I've still been finishing up a few jobs from after the storm and yesterday I made the most of some sunshine to catch up of some washing - the rigging and lifelines make a great washing line!

With everyone back home back to school (sorry guys!) it's probably time that I have a go at finding where I stowed my school work too.

It looks like I'll be in this calm patch for a while longer so we should have quiet sailing and hopefully good progress for a while longer.

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket