Typhoon Jetfighter and North Again

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 19.59


After a few days of light winds, we're only just properly clearing the Falkland Islands now. The birds, kelp and shipping that I've been seeing a lot of lately is steadily becoming less common as we head out in to the South Atlantic. I'm sure that it can be just as nasty as any ocean, but after looking over all the latest charts, I can't help being a bit surprised at how small the South Atlantic seems after the never ending Pacific!

The other day while slowly drifting off the coast of the Falklands, I was treated to a flyover from a RAF Typhoon Jetfighter. Even though I was expecting him, I still got quite a fright when he turned up making a pretty amazing noise as I was finishing my breakfast. He did a couple of passes, put a big smile on my face and then took off again. Very cool!

After seeing the pictures taken from the two flyovers, I'm totally thrilled at how great Pink Lady is looking, cute as ever! It's sure a credit to the many coats of anti-foul from International Paints that the hull is completely free of growth, and also to Ullman Sails that the sails are holding up
so well and still looking almost new! It's great to have come this far with so few signs of wear and tear.

With Cape Horn being the subject of all my attention for so long, it's strange now to refocus and start thinking ahead to the rest of the voyage and the other milestones along the way. Even though it's all been very exciting and a total novelty, I'm also glad to again be clear of land and the shipping that comes with it. It's nice to be able to settle back into some sort of vague attempt at a routine and to be able to sleep better knowing that it's just Ella's Pink Lady and I again. Actually I don't really think that you could describe my random sleeping and eating habits as routine!

Even out here I've been hearing all about the terrible earthquake in Haiti, I can't imagine what it must be like for the survivors and for everyone working with aid organisations in what sounds like horrific conditions. My thoughts and good wishes are with them. It's great to hear about all the support pouring in for them from all around the world.

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket