"I am totally hosting the IPL awards"

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 23.02


Karan Johar says it's a prestigious brand, calls commissioner Lalit Modi 'very nice'

Director-producer Karan Johar says he is going ahead with plans to host the Indian Premier League (IPL) Awards despite the controversy surrounding the cricket extravaganza, which he describes as one of India's most "prestigious brands".

"I am totally hosting it and I think IPL is one of the most entertaining and prestigious brands of India," Karan told reporters after launching the DVD of 'My Name Is Khan' at Crossword in Mumbai on April 21.

"It has contributed so much to the entertainment quotient for millions of Indian across the country. I am proud to kind of share on stage everyone's cricket passion..."

The IPL is under a cloud with a probe into its financial deals. Income tax officials Wednesday searched the premises of IPL franchises in Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Kochi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi and Chandigarh.

A case to probe foreign exchange violations by the franchises was also registered,

Referring to IPL chairman Lalit Modi, he said: "I know Lalit socially and he is very nice whenever he meets me."

Karan maintains that he is yet to decide on making a comeback with the third edition of his popular celebrity chat show 'Koffee With Karan'. "We have taken a call and I will know in a couple of days whether I am doing the show or not."


Labels: ,




0 komentar
Photobucket