Day 2 - Manly: My primary school, Ferry to Circular Quay

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 23.00


I had a big delicious breakfast early in the morning with a beautiful view of Manly Beach. My "Lonely Planet" guidebook is a god-sent!

Mrs. Kassel

Then I walked to Manly West Public School again. This time I met Mrs. Kassel, my English as a Second Language teacher in kindergarten. She remembered so much! She took out a book and showed me a picture I had drawn in 1990!!! She remembered that my last name used to be different. She remembered how my mum and dad hid behind the bushes one day to make sure she was doing a good job with me. She also talked about how my father insisted that I learn English with "native fluency" and not just formal English. I filmed her as she explained all of this very eloquently. Here's a photo of her:


Canteen

I also bought ice-creams and frozen pine-apple from the school canteen. They tasted exactly the same as before! The people at the Canteen were excited and thought it's great that I've come back to the school after all these years. Mrs. Burnes, who works there and whose daughter was in my year 4 class, called one of her friends to see where all of my classmates are now. Unfortunately, Tylah Maaka - my good friend and the strongest and coolest kid in class - has moved to Perth now so I won't be able to meet him. He has become a carpenter.


Here are some more pics of the school.

I also revisited Balgowlah Park and a bit of Condamine St.

In the afternoon, I had a nice big lunch with a British girl.

Ferry to Circular Quay

I was planning on going for a swim at Manly Beach but by the time I got there it was cold and windy and the sun was behind the clouds. So I went to Manly Wharf instead. I had lots of free time, so I took the ferry to Circular Quay. I sat in the open area in front of the ferry, watching as the ferry jumped the waves. I got splashed with water like the good old days! As we approached Circular Quay, the view of Harbour Bridge and Opera House was breathtaking! I took lots of photos and videos. Sydney is so outrageously good-looking! I took a walk around Opera House and enjoyed an aboriginal art gallery. Then I was too tired and it was too cold to do much more, so I took the ferry back with all the people returning from work to Manly.





I ran into that Israeli guy today and it was a bit awkward. I had to lie about why I changed the room and it was kind of obvious. So later when I went to his room to ask him if he wanted to go to Manly Wharf with me (he's a cool guy), he didn't open the door. Perhaps he thinks I changed my room so I could strangle him! It doesn't matter, but I'll have to make more friends. It's nicer travelling with a friend than alone.

I'm done with Manly now so I'm moving to a hostel near downtown Sydney tomorrow.






0 komentar
Photobucket