Day 6 - Sydney Tower, Drunken teen, Australian Museum

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 23.00


Sydney Tower

I visited Sydney Tower in the morning. OzTrek was a really fun introduction to Australia made for tourists. There were funny videos on holograms as well as a 3D cinema with moving seats that flew you over Harbour Bridge, the outback, and deep valleys and wild rivers in Queensland. Next, I got a bird's eye view of Sydney from the observation deck of Sydney Tower, and used my map to find places I've visited this week. My lunch in the cafe of Sydney Tower was delightfully delicious! I had fresh prawns (Sydney has plenty of fresh seafood) and salad with a light creamy sauce inside a big soft bun.



Walking up George St near the Tower, I saw street performers in a side alley. There was a human beat-boxer who used his mouth to play musical beats (like I do!) with unbelievable skill!


Drunken Teen

Later on MacQuarie St, a teenager walked up to me on the sidewalk and just starting talking to me. He was obviously drunk out of his mind! He said, "Is my friend Nick alive? I haven't seen him in days!" I told him he should stay off the streets and go home and rest. He agreed and said he hadn't slept in 3 days. I asked him if he needed help getting home. Realizing how drunk he was, he said he would really appreciate that. So I asked him where he lived and whether he had money for a taxi. I stopped a taxi and asked the driver to take him to his address. Hopefully he got home safe and got some sleep.

Australian Museum

In the afternoon I saw the Australian Museum and listened to an Aboriginal performer. He was talking to people about their way of life, the dangers of living in the bush, and most importantly that we should respect the land and the ways of indigenous people. Wandering through the Aboriginal section, I couldn't help but feel sympathy for Australia's Aboriginal people. The genocide of natives here by the white man is a sad part of Australia's history that is often left untold.






0 komentar
Photobucket