G'day mates!

So I moved to Base Backpackers Sydney this morning near the City Centre. It's location is very central to all the attractions. This hostel is much better and cleaner than the last one in Manly. There seem to be hoards of British tourists here for some reason.

George St.

I headed out along George St. towards the harbour at about 1 PM so the streets were crawling with Sydney-siders returning to work from lunch. Interestingly, most of them were wearing black executive clothes.

George St. is filled with brand name clothing stores and fancy department stores; very colourful and vibrant. It looks much happier than downtown Toronto. On my way, I saw Martin Place with the statues of the soldiers!


Opera House


My first destination: Opera House. I got a tour. The main orchestra hall was very glamorous and rich in detail. The "shells" or "sails" of Opera House were very impressive structurally too. Pamela Anderson is going there tomorrow to promote her "Girl on the Loose" auto-biography. What a slut! Hehe..



Harbour Bridge


Next, I walked around Circular Quay towards Harbour Bridge. The view of Harbour Bridge from the base of the pylons is superb! I then climbed the pylon to the Pylon Lookout and got spectacular views from above the bridge deck. Then I walked on the bridge to the other side and back using the pedestrian walkway.





Going up all the stairs at Opera House and Harbour Bridge hurt my knees a little bit. Moving my backpack to the new hostel this morning and moving to my new house in Kingston last week must have taken its toll on my knees. I have no trouble walking though, and that's fortunate because I still have lots of walking to do!

Darling Harbour

In the evening I met a nice girl who offered to show me around Darling Harbour. The city looked gorgeous with the building lights that lit up at night.


I didn't get to see much this morning, so I must get up earlier tomorrow morning!






0 komentar
Photobucket