Sydney Aquarium

I started the day at Sydney Aquarium where I saw some massive sharks, turtles and stingrays. I made my way through exhibits of seals, cute little dolphins, platypuses, crocodiles, corals, and the colourful fish from Finding Nemo! There I bumped into a cool young Austrian guy named Christian that I had seen yesterday on Harbour Bridge and exchanged contact info.


Austrian dude

In the Aquarium, I ran into a guy I'd seen walking on Harbour Bridge yesterday. So I striked up a conversation. Christopher, from Austria, is sightseeing in Australia with his family. He is younger than me but he's seen more of the world than I have, because his parents love to travel. I envy him for that! We exchanged contact info.


Hyde Park

This was followed by a stroll through Hyde Park. First, I visited the dignified Anzac Memorial. Then I found the fountain where my family and I took a photo during our first days in Sydney, and photographed it from the same angle!



Royal Botanic Gardens

Next, I took the free tour of the Royal Botanic Gardens, learning about the forms of plantation unique to Australia. I met a nice German girl there called Sabine. From the waterside I seized an opportunity to capture Opera House and Harbour Bridge together in one photo.




Miscellaneous

The New South Wales Art Gallery was amusing, especially the aboriginal arts section.

Martin Place was next on my agenda. No live performances unfortunately, but it was nice to see the busking arena and the WW1 memorial again.

This was followed by a tour of the Rocks Discovery Museum where I educated myself on aboriginal life in Sydney before the settlers arrived.


King's Cross

In the evening I took my first city bus to King's Cross, stopping under the famous large CocaCola sign. Walking along the street-side shops I saw gay couples, witnessed a fight almost break out, and was approached by a prostitute! If only I had enough money. (Just kidding! She was much too old. Kidding again!) I then had a pie and went for a stroll along the classy restaurants at Wooloomooloo Wharf. (Yes, there are eight O's in that word!)

I'm back at the Backpacker's now and about to change my room. My fat British roommate woke me up at 3 AM last night with the loudest snoring I've heard in my life!


Taronga Zoo tomorrow.






0 komentar
Photobucket