30 Days at Sea And Company

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 02.25


Tonight I've got company out here, let me introduce you to 'Silly'. He's a little brown sea bird that's landed on the sailor 250 satellite dome on the stern of Ella's Pink Lady. Silly earned his nickname because of his dangerous fascination with the wind generator and his amusing attempts to land on the bendy windvane blade. Even though the wind genny isn't spinning too fast at the moment, watching him fly so close to it again and again was a little nerve racking! Anyway he's been sitting there for well over three hours now and seems to have made himself quite comfortable perched on the dome.

Other than Silly, I've been seeing a lot of birds out here today, mostly little Jesus Petrels and Brown Gannets, (at least that's what I think they are!) which is kind of surprising as the nearest island is about 200nm away. Apart from when some light rain came through this morning it's been pretty close to perfect sailing all day.

It's really hard to believe but as of tomorrow we will have been at sea for 30 days, exactly a month since we left Sydney on 18 October. One down, seven more months to go! Leaving Sydney really does feel just like yesterday, but It's crazy to think that I haven't seen another person for 30 days. I have to say I honestly don't feel any different for it. It's a lot like someone asking whether you feel any different after a birthday. But it's just the same old me!

I pulled out a new food bag today its back to all my favorite treats. I'm planning on having pasta for dinner, I wonder if Silly likes pasta?

It doesn't look like we'll make the equator tomorrow as I'd hoped, but with only about 240nm to go, so it won't be long now. I'll keep you updated as we get closer. Getting pretty excited!

After crossing the line I'll be sailing north another 200nm up around Kiribati Island, my rounding point in the northern hemisphere, then south back across the line and on to Cape Horn.

That's it from Ella's Pink Lady, Silly and myself for tonight. Below is a pic of EPL doing well today.

Jesse




Pic: Ella's Pink Lady 'flying' along earlier today!






0 komentar
Photobucket