Washing Machine

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 04.15


It hasn't been the most amazing out here today, overcast, squally and the sea has been a bit of a mess, it must be a lot like the inside of a washing machine! Bob predicted that the swell would become a little uncomfortable with an east going current clashing with the south easterly wind and believe me, he was right! I have to admit my mood was reflecting the grey sky for a while this afternoon so I had to give myself a good talking to, it didn't take much and I'm right back to feeling 100% positive again. No point in wasting a single minute of my time out here feeling miserable! I really don't have anything to complain about because even though the sun hasn't been shining we've made great (and slightly bouncy!) progress south. Oh and even when things were looking a little blue I still couldn't think of anything I'd rather be doing. I'm sure that there's not many people who can say that, so I'm a pretty lucky girl!

It's still such a long way off but I've already started counting down the miles to Cape Horn (5450 nm to go!) it gives me something to stay focused on. Can't wait to see Albatross again and to see what those huge southern ocean swells are really like!

Sounds like there is already Christmas decorations going up on land so there's another thing to look forward to!

Should be plenty more fast sailing over the next few days and plenty of lovely sea room, apart from when we pass quite close to a little island called Starbuck Island. If I wasn't doing this unassisted, I'd put in a stop for coffee!

Time to go find out something for dinner again, I'm thinking something along the lines of Spaghetti Bolognese and then maybe having a good dig in the goodies locker to see what I can find.

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket