Shooting Star and Crossing the Line Tomorrow!

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 03.00


I'm not much of an Astronomer but with all this talk of meteor showers last night, I was keeping an extra good eye out and did see the most amazing shooting star. It was so bright and big that I was actually a bit spooked before realizing what it was. But I can't tell you what I wished for though!

Well 'Silly' left us this morning (see pic below) but it was nice to have someone to talk to and have the company for a while. He really did have the most interesting opinions on the subjects of fashion and boys! He wasn't at all interested in any of the food I offered and didn't seem to mind the flash of the camera.

Not a real exciting day out here today, other than the usual chores, sail trimming, HF radio skeds etc. I actually slept through most of it. I'm becoming more and nocturnal lately because it's so much easier to get anything done when it cools down after the sunsets. It was good to get a few extra catnaps in while I've still got plenty of open water and nice conditions.

Dinner tonight was the yummiest omelette with powdered eggs, tinned butter, bacon bits and dried parsley.

I also attended (via a phone call!!) my first equator crossing party tonight, some of my aunties, uncles, cousins, Grandma and Granddad and all their friends got together in Cromwell in the South Island of New Zealand to celebrate Ella's Pink Lady and I crossing the line - but they were a little early!

The winds have been nice and steady all day so we've made good progress and only 50nm to the equator!! Anything could happen but right now it looks like we'll be crossing in about 10 hours which is Thursday morning back home in Australia. So it's a big day tomorrow.
Jesse
Pic: That's "Silly" sitting on top of the sailor 250






0 komentar
Photobucket