Aashish Chowdhry is all set to lock horns with electronics brand

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 11.48


The actor was taken aback to see the commercial pop up this summer though his contract had expired with them mid last year. He claims the company is refusing to take any heed of his ire either remunerate him or pull off the ad.

Says Aashish, "I was surprised to see the ad. I had a two-year contract with them that could be re-negotiated. When the time was up in 2008, we sat and discussed it. As their new offer did not suit me, I declined."

The actor adds, "When I got in touch with the company folk, I was initially told the ad agency had changed. When I did not get a proper reply, I sent a letter through a lawyer which fetched a reply. Their letter states that they would run the ads and I could do what I wanted."

As Aashish is busy with his film commitments, he feels he has no time to run around for legal recourse. "But I want to make people aware of how well-known brand folks behave. This is just not done.

I am sure the higher bosses are unaware of what is going on. I can understand in these recessionary times, companies are cost-cutting. But they could have at least informed me about it. I could have helped them out."

The devil, who is synonymous with the brand, has been the mainstay of the commercails. Adds Aashish, "Even when my contract with them had expired, several of my hoardings and cutouts were still being used. But I had kept quiet all this while. Now after seeing the commercial repeatedly during the IPL matches telecast, I felt it was time to speak up about how big companies function."


Labels: ,




0 komentar
Photobucket