Tufts University, Boston, offers Amisha Patel teaching position

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 12.00


Ameesha Patel, a gold medallist in economics from the Tufts University in Boston, has been offered a job as a professor at the university any time she wants.

Ameesha says, "I have been offered the post of a part-time professor at Tufts. I would be required to teach drama and take classes talking about my experiences as an actress. I can take up the post at any time in my life. It can be a six-week summer semester, for three months or an entire year. It's an extremely prestigious post and being an advocate of education, it's something I would love to do it at some point though not right now as it will be difficult for me to take off for a year. Musician Tracy Chapman is one of the Tufts graduates who has also been offered this post."

Being a gold medallist in economics, Ameesha is also a Gold Key member at the varsity. She says, "The Gold Key membership is awarded to any student who tops his/her course and has an outstanding academic record. If you are a Gold Key member you can get invited and accepted to any university to study further. Tufts had asked me to extend my education and get a Masters degree but I came back to India and joined films.

In 2005, Lawrence S Bacow, lawyer, economist, and twelfth president of Tufts awarded the Tufts Alumni Award to Ameesha who graduated in economics from the school in 1997.
Ameesha says, "Apart from celebrities in entertainment, many political ambassadors and Presidents have graduated from Tufts. There are lots of courses in politics and anyone training in politics and wants to enter the White House can do classes. There are many prominent personalities graduating from Tufts every year. I received the Tufts Alumni Award in 2005 and for the award in 2009 held in New York. Tufts has invited me for the ceremony."

Tufts' celebrity alumni
Hank Azaria - actor
Jessica Biel - actress
Nicole Fiscella - actress on Gossip Girl, model
William Hurt - actor


Labels: ,




0 komentar
Photobucket