Bipasha :So what If I’m out of 'Race'

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 12.36


Spurned by the Race producers, Abbas-Mustan are planning to revive their long-forgotten shelved project Mr Fraud for Tips’ rival company Astavinayak which stars Bipasha Basu.

Says Bipasha, “If Mr Fraud is revived I’d be happy to give dates.The film was shot in London and the styling was not time bound.”

Not that Bipasaha is mourning her absence in Race 2. “I heard even Abbas-Mustan are not doing Race 2. If the original directors are not doing the sequel, who am I? I haven’t been approached for Race 2. That’s fine. In Bollywood the heroines are never signed for sequels. It’s a tradition . Just check the sequels. The guys get repeated. The girls don’t. It’s a man’s world.I don’t feel like a second citizen for that. When Raaz 2 was made everyone kept asking why I wasn’t in it. But I never worried about that. No point in crying about it.”

Moving on from Race, Bipasha has just signed her second comedy.Coincidentally comedy reprises the Mr Fraud trio.

Laughs Bipasha, “That’s right Sanjay , Ajay and I are together again in All The Best. This is the one film I’ll enjoyed doing.I had a ball doing No Entry. Intially I had too many inhibitions about Bollywod. No Entry made me drop those inhibitions. I’m sure Rohit Shetty’s All The Best will make me more uninhibited. ... It’s a fun film and I don’t have to always do roles that reflect my personality. Sometimes it’s fun to do fun film.”

Bipasha has signed only one film this year. “I don’t want do any more work than my pace allows me. I don’t want to compete with anybody. I’ve made a niche right from my first film. I’m Bipasha Basu. I don’t think there’s any replacement for that. I enjoy my work. But there so much more my vocation as an actor than just acting. I can do stage shows, be a businesswoman, work for social causes.I keep busy 24 by 7. At this stage of my life I don’t need to sit and pine for a role.”


Labels: ,




0 komentar
Photobucket