"Ranbir Kapoor is a very big star" - Konkona Sen Sharma

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 11.31


Konkona wonders how people are going to react to her pairing with Ranbir Kapoor in Wake Up, Sid.

"I'm getting to know Ranbir a bit only now after shooting for so many months. He's warm and sweet but we both keep in our own space. He's a very big star. And also a good actor. But most impressive is the fact that he knows everything about cinema, and not just acting. In front of him, I feel like a novice. Ranbir knows about camera angles and all. In fact they even took his suggestions on camera angles. People want to see how we look together. We come from different genres of cinema."

Konkona says she has no aptitude for the technical side. "I'm an actor, and quite comfortable in that role. I don't think I've any plans of directing a film."

She's all praise for her other co-star Farhan Akhtar too. "I've known him for a while. It's hard to say Luck By Chance is his third film as an actor. He's a natural."

Tabu was supposed to do Konkona's role in Luck By Chance, just like Konkona was supposed to be the lead instead of Tabu in Mira Nair's The Namesake. Is this her way of getting even? "You're investing too much power into the actors. I had heard Tabu was to do Luck By Chance. Even Page 3 was offered to other people. I was just happy to get both. Luck By Chance is such an intricately written script. The film has a lot of soul."

Although she doesn't like talking about it, her new home done up by Pavitra Rajaram occupies much of her creative space these days. More so since she was down with a viral attack which kept her confined to home. "I got this viral flu on the sets of Ayaan Mukherjee's Wake Up Sid. We were shooting in a closed air-conditioned set. And when one person got the fever, so did everyone else. We had to take a few days off. But I'm fine now. It's basically a coming-of-age story between me and Ranbir. No point in shooting when we're not there. When you're feeling sick you look sick on camera."

Early December in 2008 Konkona moved into her new house. "I was dying to move in. It's just fifteen minutes away from where I stayed earlier. It's much more spacious and far more organized. Funny as it may sound, in my head I am still living in cottages and bastis. Even my earlier place just had stuff cluttered all over. Now I was like bowled over because I've a real dining table."


Labels: , , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket