Another Milestone let the work begin!

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 01.13


This morning Youngestround.com went from being a fully functioning yacht (without mentioning a few major issues! i.e. the engine not running, the rig threatening to fall down and at one point sea water flooding in!) to a stripped down hull miles from the water and locked up in a shed. It may sound like we’re going backward at a million miles but today was actually a huge milestone, the beginning of the refit.

Thanks to Bayside Crane Hire for lifting the rig out and to Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron for berthing and the use of your travel-lift!

I had to keep reminding myself how positive it all was because it was very hard to watch Youngestround.com being stripped of its rig, bounced along the highway on the back of a truck and welded into the cradle that will be its home for the next 8 weeks.

We arrived at the shed just after lunchtime and with so many big flash machines and big tough men hanging around I expected that I’d have little to do but stand back and watch. I was wrong. I was given the job of hauling Youngestround.com and the cradle into position, all 5.6tones, training I’m told!

An exhausted Jessica signing out.






0 komentar
Photobucket