BBTB 2 Heart Card - Yet Another Valentine Moment

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 23.09



Happy Monday!  It is, of course, time for the weekly BBTB2 challenge post.  This week's challenge cut is the Heart card from the Wild Card cartridge.  We could use this heart shaped card anyway we wanted. I went with the seasonal "go to" and created a Valentine card.


I cut the basic Wild Card Heart card in white cardstock.  I then used printed paper in colors of white, pink, green, blue and red and cut the card front only.  I switched cartridges at this point and cut the shadow scalloped heart from the Sweethearts cartridge in pink cardstock.  I affixed the printed heart to the front of the scalloped heart.  I then attached the scalloped card to the Wild Card Heart basic card.


I used red foil paper and cut assorted embellishments from Wild Card and Tie The Knot.  I cut the "Be My Valentine" phrase (from Wild Card) for the inside of the card from the red foil also.  I ran the foil cuts through the Xyron machine to apply adhesive, then I set them aside for later use.


My final Cricut cut was the sweet XOXO cut from Tie The Know.  I cut this is a Pink Paislee gingham, the reverse side of one of their "Cupid" cardstocks.  I cut the XOXO shadow in Core'dination cardstock and attached the two layers together.  I then affixed the cut to the lower third of the card front.


The flower embelishments on the front and inside of the card were made using prima white daisys, prima solid and gingham flowers and paper punches.  I used a 1 1/4 inch circle punch and cut the circle flowers from the opposite side of the gingham paper.  I then used a 3/4 inch circle punch and cut flower centers from the same paper. I hand trimmed a flower stem from the paper and attached it "growing" from the XOXO cut.  I used large glitter brads to affix the four layers of flowers together. I finished the card front by attaching the foil embellishments.


Inside the card is the red foil Valentine phrase, yet another of the layered flowers and a delicate green stamp to represent the stem.  All this card needs is a little note and a signature!


Please come back tomorrow for this week's Gypsy Spot challenge - today's card is part of a matching Valentine set which will be completely revealed tomorrow!! Sneak peek in the final photo in the this post.


Labels: , , , , ,




0 komentar
Photobucket