Drifting Around

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 22.28


We haven't actually been doing a lot of sailing over the last few days, more just sort of drifting and rolling, sometime backwards, not particularly exciting stuff. So we still haven't quite crossed over the Prime Meridian. We're sitting just a few nm away from the eastern hemisphere and not able to get there because there isn't any wind!

I've been spending my time either in the cockpit hand steering or buried in a book trying to ignore the rolling and it's pretty frustrating - very frustrating actually!

Not making any progress makes it feel like we're just wasting time out here. I've discovered that the best way to stop from pulling my hair out is to apply the 'refuse to let it get to me' strategy like I do for storms. Isn't it great that teenagers are good at being stubborn? Oh and
chocolate that helps too!

The good news is that the wind is forecast to start picking soon, so looking forward to that.

I was going to give you all a more detailed rundown on how Ella's Pink Lady
is holding up, all the wear and tear etc. But I'll save that for tomorrow.

Jesse

PS - Thanks for all the Happy Valentine's Day messages!






0 komentar
Photobucket