Life Goes on as Normal Out Here

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 15.42


Still more nice sailing for Ella's Pink Lady and I. Yesterday was particularly great with our speed sitting on an almost constant 7knots all day. The wind has mostly been between 12 and 17knots. Well that's my best guess anyway, because since losing the wind instruments, I've had to resort to the oh so primitive method of looking out the window and at a piece of string tied to the rigging, to determine the wind speed and direction!

These are just the sort of conditions Ella's Pink Lady and I love. Does anyone object if I give Sydney a miss and go around for a second lap?! No, don't worry I wouldn't do that to you. I might still be having the time of my life out here, but there's also things back home that I miss. There's no way that I'd be able to sail past a hot shower and I'm worried that if I'm away much longer I won't be able to recognize my brother, who is apparently getting taller by the minute!

We've also had more of the weird foggy/sunny combination. It seems a bit strange to record 0% cloud cover next to 'very poor' for visibility in the log book. But I do come from Queensland, so fog will probably always be a bit of a novelty to me!

Also you may have noticed that we're heading North East, rather than East again. Bob's got me sailing north some more to avoid a particularly nastily system passing to the south.

It's crazy to think that not so long ago it was a battle to keep warm, particularly my feet, layered in socks and tucked away at the end of my sleeping bag. Now I'm constantly being irritated at being be woken up with hot feet! The fact that a little thing like this is annoying me gives you an idea of how nice things are out here at the moment.

So life goes on as normal out here. Yesterday was a housework (boat-work!) day and there's always the odd bit of maintenance to keep me busy, like tightening the fan belts on the engine and re-taping a few chafe points. I also seem to be able to spend (or waste) a pretty huge amount of time cooking. My powdered egg omelets are steadily getting better but my attempts to change or add to my Easyfood meals are failing miserably, along with most of my other food experiments.

It's a good thing that there's no one else to complain about some of the meals I manage to ruin!

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket