Cruising Along

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 03.19


It's almost starting to feel a bit 'same old, same old' out here at the moment, which is probably a silly thing to say, because now that I've said it, 'Murphy's Law' says something's bound to happen! And it's not as if no action is at all a bad thing. No news it good news right?


It also looks like my quota of sunshine is up, which is particularly annoying, as when I was going through some lockers the other day, I came across the sextant (an instrument used for finding your position from the sun or stars) and I'm itching to get the books out and see what I can remember - that would be much easier if I could actually see the sun. I managed to capture a pic of a cloudy sunset last night which had some nice colours (see below).

But that's enough complaining, on the upside, progress has been good still with lots of 6 and 7's on the speedo. There's a lot more birds around too, maybe because we're getting close to islands. I'm seeing some different types as well. The birds up this way seem to be smaller than the ones down south and I sure miss seeing those albatrosses!

Even though it's looking like we'll miss the worst of that nasty weather to the south, we're expecting to see some pretty strong wind in a few days. I'll be glad when this front is all over and done with so we can go back to heading directly east again.

Jesse

P.S. Its looks like I spoke too soon! I'd just finished typing and was sitting here at the nav station staring out the port hole (one of mymore glamorous hobbies!), when I got a huge fright as a great big orange object floated pastless than a meter away. It turned out to be some sort of fishing buoy complete with aerial and just avoided geting into a tangle with Parker!
Pic: Sunset last night!






0 komentar
Photobucket