The Devil came on Horseback...

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 05.40



Spent the weekend in a more or less wonderful manor. Saturday we were like hanging around a bit at home, doing some domestic stuff (it can be so great, when you actually do it with the One you love). In the evening, there was some sort of offical feast at my Hunk's Corporation, where I and the girlfriend of another member (the guy happens to be the childhood friend of my Love) helped out a bit. The funny thing about his girlfriend is, that we do know the same people! It's such a small world :). We didn't have that much to do, so we mostly let the evening pass by chatting. The evening was eked by my Lurve. Since my parents tend to popp in here from time to time, that's albeit all I can write about it ;).

Sunday was spent at my hunk's parents' house. On the way there we argued though. I guess I am starting to lose nerves, since I tend to misbehave a lot lately. But before getting on the train we cleared it. Being there we ran through every single possible game- starting with Halli Galli (his bro tormented my hand terribly!!!!), Domino (I am getting good innit!) and a game, whose name I have actually forgotten (very close to Tabu, but with more features)- which we played in pairs, and won ;-).

Than watching a Serbian Soap we fell asleep, so we were forced to stay there til today. Unfortunately we couldn't fall asleep til 2:30 am! So we zapped ourselves through a couple of programmes. One was called "The Devil came on Horseback" and should be watched BY EACH ONE OF US! It was a documentary about an American Soldier who took part in th
e so-called peace mission in Sudan (we all know how it ended). He was the one, who actually alerted the world with his shocking photographs. He really fought a crucial fight with politics, the world's policy and some irritating idiots, who called him a liar. He founded various organisations and returned to Africa ( e.g Chad- boarder to Western-Darfur) and also tried to pictured how the Ruandese found back into live after their shocking genocide. I guess being served with images as these above, you basically can't really outline one. All the same,my tears just wouldn't stop running, when they aired an interview the protagonist of the documentary ( Brian Steidle) held an interview with a Refugee, living in a camp in Chad. Even now, writing this I have again tears in my eyes. It just broke my heart, seeing this person, that lost EVERYTHING, telling what happened to him and his family.It was not the story, but his face, his mimic, the expression. How he tried to persuade himself, that the Americans would come and save the people there. You could see though, that even he didn't believe in his own words. At the end, there were tears running, very slowly- just as slowely as he moved and spoke, down his cheeks. At that very moment you must have managed to understand the tragedy of those people- they did not really survive. They were leading a silent, horrible agony inside their camp. They have lost not only their families, homes and hope- but also their own lives.
Watching this man speaking told me more than anything else that I had read or seen ever before about the genocide in Suda
n.
All in all it's a documentary about the failure of US (and what hurts most- of the UN as well).
As stated above- One should watch it. And also visit this very site.

Back to us- we watched than three another documentaries- one very short about Romania, than some Historienschinken (history)- about the German Kaiserreich before and during WWI and last but not least one about Obama (after all he can't be missing!). I must honestly say, after seeing it, I had
even more respect for that man. And I know, he won't prove me wrong.

In the issue, we fell asleep before three, and got up a bit before eight. I am slightly sleepy now. And angry. I have ordered a book about Pilates, and it still hasn't arrived. Essentially it should have one week ago. Now I should head back to my books. I s
till haven't finished my paper on Politics, and I have to hand it in by... tomorrow. It's only 3 more pages, but still. And I have to pay a visit to my bank in the meantime. So I guess, I'll be busy.

Loads of love! SoJa






0 komentar
Photobucket