Across the Start Line

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 22.07


Well yesterday was the big day, leaving Sydney and crossing the start line. After a good night sleep, a good breakfast and a last hot shower, that was it and I was off to sail around the world! Getting out of the harbour and across the start line was a bit of a feat in itself with spectator boats, helicopters, very little wind and a swell rolling though. It kept me on my toes but in the end we managed a sort of slow drift across the line and found a little more wind after clearing the Sydney Heads. I didn't really have much time to take it all in as a I crossed the actual start line, but I can't describe how proud I felt motoring away from the dock with my brave family standing there, along with so many of the people who made this happen. Getting to the start line has been the furthest thing imaginable from a solo effort!
My first day was busy for me trying to keep Ella's Pink Lady moving away from the coast in very little wind, working through a few small problems and avoiding shipping. I'll admit I was a little emotional for a while after all the goodbyes but on the plus side I already feel like I'm settling in and with such calm conditions I haven't even been feeling any of my normal first few days at sea queasiness.
So after all the excitement of getting away, progress has been pretty slow. We're still only just over 65nm from the coast, currently doing a not very remarkable, but steady 2.5knots. It's a little frustrating but I'm not complaining. I'm just taking it one day at a time for now, giving myself a little time to settle in and waiting for a little more wind.
Loving all the comments!

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket