Slowly

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 03.49





Still more slow progress out here, but past the 500nm mark which is a bit of a milestone. We spent last night completely becalmed next to Lord Howe Island drifting along at less than a knot. But when we finally did get a light breeze as the sun was coming up it made for a pretty amazing picture which I have included in this blog for you. . The water was completely glassed reflecting the rising sun, so as we started picking up a little wind it was as if we were gliding along a sheet of glass.
Today was more of the usual stuff for me, playing with cameras, catching up on a little sleep, keeping us moving, carefully monitoring my power ins and outs, feeding myself, the usual tiding up, lessening to music (there's noone to complain about my taste or volume I like to play it at!) and sending a few emails. It probably doesn't sound all that exciting but its keeping me happy and I still can't see myself ever getting bored, there's always something to do. Sailing around the world sure isn't all high action and excitement but quiet days reading are part of what I signed up for.

Not much wildlife around today, just Ella's Pink Lady, myself and lots and lots of blue, what more could anyone ask for?! We are not moving too badly again now, doing 6knots under full main, headsail and staysail.

Sorry I'll have to keep this short today because I better go and turn the HF on for a radio sked. As always, thanks to you all for all the support, I can't believe how many people are following the blog. It means a lot to me knowing you're all out there thinking of me!

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket