New Food Bag, New Chart and Last Orange

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 15.59



Pic: Working away at the nav station, my favorite place to sit!
Well that's it, the last of my fresh fruit. I've just been savoring my last orange and I'm sure going to miss fresh fruit! And on the subject of food today I pulled out my first new food bag. A food bag lasts 14 days. It feels like a bit of a milestone and I'm looking forward to dinner tonight because I get first pick of meals. By the end of the week all the good stuff will be gone and I'll be back to eating all my second favorites.

Progress has been a little slower today with the wind dropping right out to pretty much nothing for a while last night, then coming round on to Pink Lady's nose this morning. But we're still eating away at the miles and getting very close to the edge of the chart. So I pulled out a new chart and spent the afternoon looking over it studying up on areas we're sailing into. It feels
like we're really getting into unfamiliar waters now, I've never sailed this far east before so it's all new and exciting stuff from here.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself at the moment after thinking it was calm enough to open a hatch and being quickly shown otherwise by a wave breaking over the deck and pouring right into the cabin. There's some wet salty clothing hanging up, but it’s all drying quickly now.

Also, sorry about the delay in getting a tracking map up, but the team will have something on the website for you all next week to follow.

Alright I'm going to sign off now because I'm off to do something brave, daring and possibly a little reckless. I'm going to open the bag labeled 'School Work'. OK, so maybe I'm being a bit of a drama queen, but wish me luck on this one!

Hope everyone's having good weekends.

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket