Squid On The Deck

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 01.29




Pic: Jessica at Ella Bache media launch in Sydney.
When it got light this morning I did my usual check around Ella's Pink Lady to find a whole lot of little squid lying on the deck where they'd clearly got stuck after jumping on board during the night. One of them was a good 25cm long and as I worked on the deck during the day I kept finding more little ones tucked into all sorts of unusual places. Hopefully I found them all or I'm going to know about it when they start smelling in a few days!

Conditions are still pretty quiet, we've had about 14knots of wind right behind us all day so we're rolling along at a steady 5knots.

After all the usual chores, I spent the morning catching up on a few emails and reading. I've been re-reading Kay Cottee's book about her non-stop trip around the world and of course Jesse Martins book Lionheart. l love comparing my trip so far with their voyages. After reading how organized Kay was with the housework side of things I've made a new resolve to do better myself!

This afternoon I kept busy on deck working out the easiest way to pole the headsail (using the spinnaker pole to hold the headsail right out) to make sailing downwind (with the wind right behind us) more comfortable.

The water was still a little chilly when I had another salt water scrub down today and a quick rain squall came through so even Ella's Pink Lady had a nice wash down. So now we're both as fresh as roses! It's nice to have non-salty decks for a while and the rain was a bit of a novelty because it's the first I've had so far.

I've finally started getting a little more imaginative with cooking. Last night was cheese scones and very creamy soup (thanks to me adding maybe a little too much cream!). This morning was porridge with some of the last of my fresh fruit. Lunch was pasta again and I'm thinking Easy Foods chilli bean and chips (fried tinned potatoes) for dinner tonight.

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket