Sailing Again, Take Two!

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 05.58


Well the most exciting news is that I set off again early this morning and I'm now sailing along at 7kts heading out to sea before turning south for Sydney. It's great to be out here and it's been a good first day!
For the last week we've all been steadily plodding away to get Ella's Pink Lady back on the water and sailing again. We have been retesting everything and installing a few new pieces of new equipment. I want to say one last huge thanks to Dean, Ryan and the crew at Gold Coast City Marina and Black Joe and Scooter at AME for looking after us and for a nice quick turnaround. They were just amazing.
Another thing that has been amazing is the constant media attention we've been getting. The interest has been a bit overwhelming and while most people are still so supportive, it's been a shame to have so much energy wasted on coping with some of the negative and silly stuff being published. Oh well, we move on. But overall the local media at the Gold Coast over the past few weeks have been really nice to us.
The northerly's should last till Saturday so it'll be a nice fast run till then and if all goes to plan we'll be in Sydney early next week. It's pretty nice out here at the moment with just over 15kts of wind and clear skies but as always it'll take me a few days before I get my sea legs and stop feeling a little green.
Thanks to all of those people out there who have taken the time to send me some special messages and kind words. I can't reply to you all individually as there are just so many. But I am getting through them all, so keep them coming as we all love reading them.
I better get going now but I'll update you again soon.

Jessica






0 komentar
Photobucket