Banana Muffins and Watching the World Go By

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 02.40


For the last few days we've had a dark and slightly eerie sky and a building sea. The wind picked up for a while and was expected to hit about 40 knots and I have been waiting for some action. But it looks like we've missed out this time as we've just sailed clear of the squash zone (an area where two weather systems come together). Oh well, there's always next time. I can't see there being any shortage of strong winds further south. Call this one a practice run!

My favorite pastime lately has become standing in the companionway, under the dodger, sheltered from the wind, watching the world go by. You could say that I'm entertained by small things but I still find watching each wave roll under Ella's Pink Lady, with the occasional one dumping over us, just fascinating.

The weather really hasn't been anything special with the heavy overcast skies and occasional rain giving us pretty poor visibility, but in its own way it is just as spectacular as some of the stunning cloudless days.

Climbing into my cozy sleeping bag is already becoming something I look forward to. The getting out again part is more of a challenge though. I even pulled on a set of thermals today, probably over-reacting really, as the temperature is only down to 20c, but for now the cooler weather is still a bit of a novelty.

As always I'm good spirits but couldn't help thinking this morning of how nice it would be to be able to take a few days off, to think of something other than sailing and to be able to let down my guard for a while - just wishful thinking really and after all, its just part of the challenge!

I discovered something this morning that I can see becoming a favorite, hot custard for breakfast! And talking of food, in an effort to get rid of some of the banana chips that Mum must have packed for me (on the off chance that I actually might start liking them!) I had a go at making banana muffins this afternoon. Everyone present voted that they turned out perfect! They must have been pretty good as I'm eating the last one now!

As you've probably noticed on the tracking map on the website, we've finally been able to make a little progress to the east lately and the outlook for the next while is for conditions to calm down a little more.

And for everyone asking where they can send letters to, the best snail-mail address to reach me on is via my management company in Sydney;

Jessica Watson
c/o 5 Oceans Media
220 West Street
Crows Nest NSW 2065, Australia

All that mail waiting for me when I get back to Australia will be another thing to look forward to!

As always, thanks for all the support!

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket