Lucky Not Lonely!

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 02.08


For the first time in over two weeks I saw something man made other than Ella's Pink Lady (drum roll please!). It was a small white piece of plastic that floated by this morning while we were becalmed for a short while. Not all that exciting, but it made me think about just how completely in the middle of nowhere I really am and about how every mile is taking us further into a pretty much empty stretch of ocean. It's still strange to think that I'm probably hundreds of miles from the nearest person, in fact it's now almost two months since I've seen anyone. Sure I've seen other boats but none of them have come close enough toactually make out the crew.

Maybe stranger still, I can honestly say that I've not once felt lonely out here. Homesick sure and I've missed everyone since the moment I sailed outof Sydney, but not lonely. Lonely is the word for a Friday night with nowhere to go, sitting at home feeling sorry for yourself. The difference is that I choose to be out here. For some crazy reason I chose to be on a little boat in the middle of the ocean. Maybe the dictionary puts it better than I do (yup, I'm actually quoting a dictionary!). 'Lonely; a depressed feeling of being alone'. I might be about as physically alone as you can get, but I'm not depressed about it at all. How can I feel lonely with people all over the world thinking of me, talking about me (my nose just doesn't stop itching!), some probably still hotly debating whether or not I should be out here. And with my family and friends waiting for me back home. Lonely no, that's not the word. Actually. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

Another first for today was a little blue sky, it's been 4 days since I've had any sunshine and I hadn't realized how much I'd missed it. Living on the Sunshine Coast with its often endless stretches of perfect weather, I used to love a rainy or overcast day just to break up the monotony, but out here nothing makes me smile faster than a little sunshine. I've even got a fewstars tonight. How spoiled am I?

So other than that patch of practically no wind this morning that left Ella'sPink Lady rolling uncomfortably in the swell, we've been able to make goodground to the east, just plodding along one day at a time!

Jessica






0 komentar
Photobucket