Grey and Misty

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 22.56


I've just come inside from sitting out in the wind, with a cup of hot chocolate and watching the light fade. No sunset as I've got heavy cloud and poor visibility, but the light misty rain and big rolly grey swell is just as lovely as any sunset.

I've been seeing quite a few birds around and I love watching them fly low over the waves and around Ella's Pink Lady. I'm pretty annoyed with myself for not bringing a bird book, but I think I'm mostly seeing big petrels and I spotted my first albatross for the trip this morning.

It's been a pretty uneventful day, just giving the cabin a tidy up. I also put up a few more Christmas decorations in the cabin. We've been keeping up a nice speed but the motion has been a little rolly, as downwind sailing isn't Pink Lady's strong point. I'm just going to have to get use to rolly though, as a pretty big percentage of the voyage from here on is likely to be downwind - fast downwind sailing!

My best guess is 20 days to Cape Horn and just 4 more sleeps to Christmas!

Jesse

PS. Don't worry, it's not as cold as it looks in the picture (see below). I'm wearing the hat mostly because it saves having to brush my hair!

Pic: Me and my woolen hat preparing for the colder weather!






0 komentar
Photobucket