Foggy

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 02.49


We didn't exactly get anywhere today with very little wind. This morning was misty and overcast again, but this afternoon has been pretty special with a really thick fog closing in. It feels like there's a great big grey moist blanket draped over the world and just before it got dark the fog got so thick that I could hardly see 50 metres ahead. It's really a pretty amazing sight, but along with the almost complete silence, it's not far off feeling downright eerie.

I've been working hard not to let my imagination run away from itself, but it just feels so surreal sitting almost motionless with a big rolly swell passing undereath and the white swirling fog surrounding us. Now that it is dark Ella's Pink Lady'snavigation lights at the top of the mast are lighting up big rays of red and green fog. It feels like something out of a movie!

I think I've got the complete opposite to the sunshine, heat and the craziness of the last minute Christmas shopping that everyone's experiencing back home. Out here in my own little world things couldn't be any more different!

I have to say I've been feeling a bit homesick on and off today but I refuse to let it stop me from appreciating every moment out here.

I've been carefully planning out my Christmas dinner and the light winds mean that I'm almost constantly on my toes adjusting Parker's course. It's not exactly the most difficult task. I can normally correct Parker without even leaving the cabin by reaching out and adjusting the windvane line on the tiller, but the constant adjustments get a bit tedious when trying to get some down time.

Less than 2300nm to Cape Horn now, so despite all this slow progress we are slowly getting there. If this fog keeps up I'll be having a white Christmas of sorts!

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket