Quick Update

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 04.23


Glad you all liked the pic from the mast yesterday. It's been an overcast day today and the wind has been pretty light, but we've been able to make reasonable progress with the big light-wind reaching sail up. That was the one sail that I didn't expect to be using at this latitude!

It's cooler again with the temperature down to 17c and over the next few days I'm expected to see a low of 12c.

I spent the afternoon tackling a little electrical problem. The battery monitor (a gauge which tells me the condition of the batteries and all my ins and outs of my power) had stopped working. I thought it was well and truly a 'goner' (Aussie slang for finished!) and that I'd have to go without, but thanks to some really detailed and helpful instructions from Neil our astute electrician, combined with an afternoons hard work, I'm very happy to report that I had a win! With all the tricky little details involved, I can't say that I was that confident that it was going to function. So you should have seen how thrilled I was after replacing the last fuse to see it fire up again!

That's it from me, it's past midnight local time and I'm feeling a little overdue for some shut eye.
Good night!

Jesse






0 komentar
Photobucket